So we in Bombay have no such thing as winter or autumn- or any such cozy concept. What we do have, however, is a lot of enthusiasm & hope 🙂 Come November, there’s that lingering hopefulness that the temperature will drop just a wee bit; enough to cozy up on our couches, all snug in woolen things & nurse a warm bowl of something comforting…just.. like ..in ..the.. movies…….
My enthusiasm waits for no season- so although the weather is far from wintry, my new fave is the gorgeous Roasted Pumpkin & Feta Salad, I’m dying to share!
Deliciously sweet & salty with crunchy pine nuts-a warm bowl of this salad makes a healthy TV dinner for the laziest evening at home.
Red pumpkin-1/2 kilo roughly
Feta cheese-1 cup
Pine nuts-a handful
Coriander- a small bunch
Olive oil for tossing
Salt & freshly ground pepper
What you do is:
- Skin, deseed & dice up red pumpkin into 1” cubes.
- Season the pumpkin & toss in a little olive oil.
- Lightly brush a griddle pan with olive oil & roast the pumpkins on a medium heat- till tender & slightly charred. You could also roast in oven.
- Place in warm bowl & add crumbled chunks of feta cheese & toss.
- Chop up coriander & finely slice the red onion.
- Toss ‘em in with the warm pumpkin & Feta.
- Roast a handful of shelled pine nuts till toasty brown. Toss in.
- Serve warm with a wedge of lime!
Delicious & ready in a jiff-I told you, it’s mad easy!