Craving for a sweet treat? These little guys make perfect guilt-free bites & also lovely little gifts (if you’re willing to part with ‘em! )
For about 12 absolutely cute & delicious little brownie bites all you need is 15 minutes & strong restraint! (It’s really difficult not to just grab a teaspoon & polish off the Nutella there and then!)
Ok, so there’s a whole lot of creamy, gooey & AWESOME Nutella in this recipe ! And with just 4 ingredients it’s so easy, there’s nothing I’d want to change about it!
▪ ½ cup Nutella spread (or any other hazelnut chocolate spread)
▪ 1 egg
▪ 5 tablespoons flour
▪ ½ cup chopped hazelnuts or almonds
All you have to do is:
- Pre-heat the oven to 170 C. You could line a 12-cup mini muffin pan with paper, but I just used the muffin wraps & they worked fine!
- Toast the hazelnuts gently & remove skins. Chop up coarsely.
- Put the Nutella and egg in a steel bowl and whisk until smooth and well blended. Add the flour and whisk until blended. Finally mix in the chopped hazelnuts or almonds.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin wraps-about ¾ full is best ‘coz they pop up over just perfectly! Bake for 11 to 12 minutes. Set on a rack to cool completely.
- Serve immediately (these store at room temperature for up to 3 days but then they rarely make it till 10 minutes out of the oven ‘coz they are so awesome!)