What’s soft and chewy & actually more like a gooey brownie masquerading as a cookie?? Why, it’s the Incredible Chocolate Chunk Cookie!!
To make about 24:
1 cup chocolate, roughly chopped
4 tablespoons butter
2/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Heat chopped chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl until almost melted-make sure you do not overheat or burn! Leave to cool a while.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour & baking powder. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Then gently beat in melted chocolate. Very gently mix in flour mixture until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of dough 2 to 3 inches apart onto baking sheets.
- Bake until cookies are shiny and crackly yet soft in centers, about 15- 20minutes. Cool on baking sheets 10 minutes- then move them on to a wire rack to cool completely.
- The centre should be chewy & the crust crackly & YUMMY! ( off to grab a few more )