Midnight snack anyone? Nothing hits the spot better than good, old fashioned egg! But when it’s eggs + hot parotas + a whole lotta spice you know your doing the right thing! Kothu Parota is Kerala street food, I’m told- that just makes this dish a whole lot more droolworthy!
Recipe & picture, courtesy my better ¾ a.k.a Rajat Dev ak.a The Food Monster.
Trust me, you have to try this one.
- Wheat Parota – 3 ( I’ve used ready to cook ones from the packet)
- Egg – 3
- Onion – 1 chopped finely
- Tomato – 1 chopped finely
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp (or lots if you like it hot!)
- Ginger Garlic paste- 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves – 1 tsp chopped finely
- Spring onion greens- 1 tsp fine strips.
This is how you do it:
- Shred the cooked parotas into small bite sized pieces. Keep aside.
- In a heavy based pan, heat a little oil, add green chilies let it splutter. Then add ginger garlic paste, allow it to brown slightly.
- Now add onions, once it turns golden brown but soft, add tomatoes. When the tomatoes turn mushy add turmeric, chilli and pepper powder. Add required salt and mix well.
- Then add the eggs, mix to scramble well, as it cooks make sure it blends well with the spices. Lastly, the chopped parota and mix everything really well.
- Serve hot with garnish of coriander leaves the spring onion greens!
That’s it, this when I yell “Enjoy!”